Welcome to Triangle Real Estate Forum

Join this amazing group of people and start discussing what you like.

Buyer's Agent?

Discussion in 'Real Estate Agency Topics' started by annie space, Jun 7, 2012.

1. annie space

annie space TREF Member

Jun 7, 2012
    Is there such a designation as Certfied Buyer's Agent? Is there an advantage to using one when looking for a home to buy?

2. Mike Jaquish

Mike Jaquish Owner, Realty Arts
    Staff Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Annie,

There is no specific designation, "Certified Buyer's Agent."

Some people like to use agents who only represent buyers, and never list homes, and there are designations for people who have attended class to further their education.
    "Exclusive Buyer Agent" is one association. Some agents also have an ABR designation, i.e., "Accredited Buyers Agent."

I am in the group that thinks a great agent is skilled at working either side of the table, and understands the perspectives of both sellers and buyers.

Also, to learn more on real estate agency in North Carolina, you might read the NC Real Estate Commission Brochure, "Working With Real Estate Agents."

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. adele

adele Knows the Ropes

Jun 9, 2012
    is a home buyer required to use an agent?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  4. Mike Jaquish

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Hi, Joyce,
    No, no one is required to use an agent. However, when buying or selling property, it is often wise to have someone in your corner representing your interests. A skilled real estate agent can help you not overpay, learn more about details of the property, and bring you value through their experiences with many prior clients.

Cyb likes this.
  5. adele

adele Knows the Ropes

Jun 9, 2012
    hi, mike

Thanks for answering.
    how do i pay my buyers agent?

6. JBob

JBob Knows the Ropes

Jun 9, 2012
    Joyce,

Buyers agents are paid by the listing agent. The cost is included in the purchase price of the home.

Mike Jaquish and Zappa like this.
  7. Zappa

Zappa TREF Member

Jun 11, 2012
    Right.

8. Mike Jaquish

Staff Member

Jun 6, 2012
    Yes. That is how it most commonly works. Generally speaking, buyers do not pay their agent directly out of their pocket.