Good income and credit score. Not much cash for down payment.

Jammer

TREF Member
Jul 1, 2012
What's the least amount of down payment I can make? I'm not a veteran, so that option is out.

But, my credit score is good. I pay my bills and don't have a lot of debt. Just a car payment. Paying off my student loans early kept me from building up my nest egg. Now I want to buy a home.

Jammer

TREF Member
Jul 1, 2012
Just Passing through to report....
I closed on a house in Holly Springs with a USDA loan last week. 100%. No down payment. Getting approved wasn't hard. A lot of details, but my mortgage guy was great.
:cool:

Peaches Delight

Knows the Ropes
Sep 7, 2012
Congratulations on your new home, Jammer!

I have a friend who went with a USDA loan and it was pretty dragged out. I'm glad it worked for you.

Kramer

TREF Member
Sep 7, 2012
Raleigh
:)
Congratulations on your new home in Holly Springs! We lived there for several years and loved it. Just had to move closer to work a while back, and still miss Holly Springs.

Sep 7, 2012
Just Passing through to report....
I closed on a house in Holly Springs with a USDA loan last week. 100%. No down payment. Getting approved wasn't hard. A lot of details, but my mortgage guy was great.
:cool:
When is the barbecue? Congratulations on your new house!

May 23, 2014
even people who have twenty percent down payment are working hard to get a loan now.

adele

Knows the Ropes
Jun 9, 2012
Raleigh
even people who have twenty percent down payment are working hard to get a loan now.
Everyone has to struggle with demands from lenders, but it's not impossible to get a loan with a low down payment.