Is Cary all it is cracked up to be?

Del Shannon

TREF Member
Jun 7, 2012
The wife and I are planning a move before winter. She is from South Carolina, and misses the South.
We are choosing between the Triangle, Atlanta, and possibly Wilmington, to be closer to her family in Columbia.
And we hear a lot about Cary.
Is Cary really all that?

Jun 7, 2012
Morrisville, NC
I live in Morrisville, but I like Cary. It is safe, clean and pretty. It is overhyped some but it seems like everything is overhyped, doesn't it?
I just found a place in Morrisville and settled in.

Barista

TREF Member
Jun 8, 2012
Raleigh
I like living in Raleigh, but Cary isn't all bad. It isn't all the same like some people say it is and there are homes of all types for sale in Cary

Trooper

Knows the Ropes
Jun 8, 2012
Cary, North Carolina
I like living in Raleigh, but Cary isn't all bad. It isn't all the same like some people say it is and there are homes of all types for sale in Cary
And I like living in Cary. But, Raleigh would be just fine, too. Ya gotto go with the flow wherever you land and it is all good. There are some great places to live in Raleigh, and lots of other places in the triangle are great too.

Barista

TREF Member
Jun 8, 2012
Raleigh
Trooper, what is your favorite neighborhood in Cary?
I like the older homes in the middle of town because of the big trees and lots.

Tom S

TREF Member
Jun 9, 2012
Morrisville
I agree with all the others. Too many great places to live in the area

Jun 7, 2012
"Likes" for all! Thanks for your thoughts!
:cool:

Zappa

TREF Member
Jun 11, 2012
Add me to the list that says there are too many good places and neighborhoods in the triangle!

Ronnie

TREF Member
Jun 17, 2012
Around the Triangle
I livedin Cary a couple of years. It is fine. We moved to Morrisville to be closer to Durham and RTP a couple of years ago. I could live in Cary again. No problem.

Jun 25, 2012
Wake County NC
We lived in Cary for a few years. It is OK. I wanted a couple acres so we are in the country now. Cbatham County.