What made you move to the suburbs?

Ronnie

TREF Member
Jun 17, 2012
Around the Triangle
We always lived in the country and it just got more difficult to drive seven miles or more for everything. But we didn't want to live in the middle of town either.
So suburbs it is.

Barista

TREF Member
Jun 8, 2012
Raleigh
We did what we could afford. I wanted a bit more than a quarter acre lot, and we are in the suburbs on a quiet culde sac. Its good. Close to downtown and other stuff, and little traffic.

Mike Jaquish

Owner, Realty Arts
Staff member
Jun 6, 2012
Cary, North Carolina
RealtyArts.com
We just sort of landed in the suburbs of Cary without lot of thought put into it. When I transferred to North Carolina in 1997, Cary was the geographical center of the accounts I had in the territory I was working.

Chaz

TREF Member
Jul 1, 2012
Durham
We wanted the best schools and that's where we found them.

Sep 7, 2012
I like suburbs. Modern and clean, with services nearby, but not at my door step. I wish we had more sidewalks in some neighborhoods, tho.

The Turk

TREF Member
Sep 7, 2012
We are trying to move out of the country and in closer to town, Cary Apex or Raleigh. Suburbs is fine. We just want to be closer to things we need to do.

Sep 15, 2012
We are another family who moved to Cary from a rural area. We wanted the nearby stores, and needed to be closer to medical care.

Peaches Delight

Knows the Ropes
Sep 7, 2012
We sort of just found ourselves there, and the conveniences helped us stay.

King James

TREF Member
Jul 1, 2012
We always lived in town until we found a place to rent on 3 acres. We still only drive about 5 minutes for groceries and other things so I guess you could call it suburban. It is so nice to have some elbow room around us. Hoping to be able to buy this year.

Jammer

TREF Member
Jul 1, 2012
We wanted to live in town, and couldn't afford it. So we bought a house in Holly Springs. It's fine. Holly Springs is great.

Avril

TREF Member
Jul 1, 2012
We are buying a home in Cary. It makes for a good commute for me and my husband. He works in RTP and I work at State.
And we wanted a bit more quiet surroundings.

michael

TREF Member
Jul 1, 2012
This decision has been hard for us. We want to be close to Raleigh for fun stuff, but like the quiet of rural suburb neighborhoods. And we don't want to be too close to NC State and college kid action.